- 5 avocados, ( they usually come in a bag of 5) , seeded and peeled
- 2 small tomatoes with seeds scooped out ( optional) finely chopped*
- 1 red pepper , finely diced
- 2 or 3 small jalapenos , seeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp(90mL) lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp(45mL) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp(5mL) whole cumin ground in spice grinder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp(1-2 mL) salt to taste
Cut avacados in half and take out seed. Scoop out the inside , into a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher. I like mine chunky so I usually leave a few chunks in it . Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Place in bowl , cover , and refrigerate.
*I usually omit the tomatoes because of allergies, but if you use it make sure to get all the seeds out they will make it watery.
Just about the way I make it.. love cilantro!! You’re making me hungry for chips and salsa and guacamole. 🙂
Thank-you for commenting, I love this recipe too. Sometimes I put the guacamole on different types of burgers , instead of the usual condiments.