This is a good everyday dressing, with no egg. I like to shred up a whole head of cabbage and put it into a ziplock bag to keep in the refrigerator, for a quick salad when in a hurry. Great on any kind of salad and you can adjust the amount of anchovy if you like a milder taste, but I find this recipe to be just fine the way it is.
- 3 cloves garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- 3tsp (15mL) Dijon mustard
- 3tbsp (45mL) real mayonnaise
- 3tsp (15mL) anchovy paste
- 6 fillets anchovies
- 3 lemons juiced or 9 tbsp(135mL) start with 6
- 1 1/2 tbsp (17mL) Worchester sauce
- 1 1/2 cup (375mL) olive oil or sunflower oil * If using olive oil this will go solid in the refrigerator and need to warm up to room temperature before serving. *If using sunflower oil will pour well from refrigerator.
Mix all ingredients in food processor until well blended, except the oil. Add oil in at a steady stream.